WHAT TO WEAR, WHAT NOT TO WEAR
Springtime in Manitoba can be tricky. There are cold days mashed between hot days and rain, rain, rain peppered in between. It’s difficult to look stylish when the temperature can change on a dime. In order to maintain a semblance of style, I make sure I am prepared. I hate being cold and sometimes struggle with looking fresh AND keeping warm. Here are a few tips to help you traverse our sloppy season with pizazz.
1) Layer up. an oversized coat or jean jacket is a nice topper in case there is wind.
2) Thick sole sneakers, heels or shoes. if there are puddles or wet spots on your commute, you can stay above.
3) Hat/toque always. the best way to add a little quirk to your kit, control your core temp or cover a bad hair day!
4) Waterproof coat. when you can’t afford to get wet. To be really effective, include an umbrella.
5) Pastel palette. light colors and light weights allow for a ‘springtime’ look.
The reality is that we still have a few months before we can really enjoy the heat. The unstable temperatures will eventually settle down and we’ll be on our way to July and pool parties and BBQ’s. Until then, stay dry and stay warm.
— that’s the fresh perspective…