Favourite Winter Colours! Rich colour overload!
Style, beauty and lifestyle blog
It’s a rough time of year for you skin and hair. Let us give you some tips on how to keep your hair happy during these frigid temps!
1. don't wash too often - if you have to shower every day, try investing in a co-wash so you don't have to use a shampoo every day. Shampoo is harsher on your hair and strips healthy oils that your hair needs. Our favourite? Try Restore by Kevin Murphy.
2. condition - did you know when using Kevin Murphy conditioners, you are recommended to leave about 70% of the conditioner in your hair? This allows it to act as a treatment as well!
3. Invest in a serum. - young again serum is liquid gold. We've seen it transform fried bleached hair. Use on wet and dry hair, fresh out of the shower to a touch on the ends to complete a styled look!
4. brush your hair. - using a wide tooth comb or a nice brush, comb through your hair. This will naturally disperse your oils to condition your hair. When you don't brush, the oils will build up at your root making it seem like you need to wash again! We carry all sorts of brushes and combs for your picking.
5. Get the occasional trim. - The point of our clean up service is to keep your ends looking fresh. $10 gets you a 15 minute dry trim to help you out with all your split end needs. Book a clean up today!
If you have any questions for your specific hair needs, do not hesitate to call us! 204-414-9023.
It's a brand new year and we've taken a moment to think about how fortunate we all are. Praise has welcomed a brand new healthy baby boy - who’s name is in fact not Gary, but Zieohanachidi (Zo for short) - and we all have so many things to be thankful for. The people we surround ourselves with, the job that we love, all of the miscellaneous possessions we have been fortunate enough to afford - the list could go on. This got us thinking.
After brainstorming with our staff, we've decided we want to show some support for our city. We are all contributing and accepting item donations to Main Street Project for the rest of January and all of February. Please see the list below for their item shortages. Please bring in any of the following to receive a 10% discount on your service. Don't have anything booked but still want to donate? Save your discount for a future appointment or use it toward a product purchase! Stay tuned on our social media for reminders!
Let's show Winnipeg some love. Everybody deserves to have water, warm feet, and all of life's necessities.
Most In Demand Items:
New or gentle used socks
Sugar and coffee whitener
Please know that there are many other items to donate. If you are looking for inspiration, take a look at their website here.
-that's the fresh perspective...